The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Guadalupe was established as a parish in 1965. This new project for the Diocese of San Bernardino is located in the Mecca area of Riverside County. The project consisted of a new 1100 seat sanctuary, new parking lot, site utilities, and off site street improvements.
Earth Systems conducted a geotechnical engineering investigation for the project and performed the soils testing and material inspection during the construction. Due to the potential of liquefaction settlement the building pad grading consisted of the installation of a gravel bed with vent pipes to reduce hydrostatic pressures and various layers of geo-grid reinforcement. Construction of the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Guadalupe was completed in 2014.