Employment Opportunities at Earth Systems
Earth Systems is always looking for qualified individuals with the commitment, passion, and skills needed to join the team. Typical employment opportunities include geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, environmental geologists, hydrogeologists, geophysicists, soil technicians, materials special inspectors, and laboratory technicians.
The following are current employment opportunities:
Registered Engineer, Palmdale – Earth Systems has an immediate opening for a Registered Engineer in the Palmdale office. This position has the potential for career development in senior management. Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Oversee the Caltrans and DSA-approved laboratory
- Experienced to be the DSA Laboratory Engineer of Record
Proven managerial ability and experience in overseeing a geotechnical/materials laboratory with a staff of 5-1- employees. Experience and personal characteristics allowing for successful supervision of staff, as well as cooperation and effective interaction with colleagues and other management personnel. Solid understanding of financial functions, including review and analysis of business performance data and metrics. Excellent project management skills Excellent written and oral communication skills. B.S. Civil Engineering, Registered Professional Engineer, or Registered Geotechnical Engineer. Employment conditioned upon satisfactory results of a post-offer medical examination and motor vehicle report We offer a competitive salary, and benefit plan including medical, vision, life insurance, and 401(k). EOE. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Inspectors, San Luis Obispo – Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Fieldwork related to concrete and masonry construction operations.
- Sampling, field testing, and special inspection of concrete and masonry, as well as related components, such as reinforcing steel, epoxy bolts/anchors, etc.
- Prepare special inspection reports which include daily field reports and formal reports in accordance with Earth Systems’ report protocols and procedures.
- Nuclear testing gauge, ACI, ICC, DSA, and AWS certifications preferred.
Prior experience working in a geotechnical environment a plus. Must be familiar with Microsoft programs. Math, analytical, and writing skills are required and must be willing to “learn by doing.” Hours may vary week to week. Part-time and Full-time positions. Must have reliable transportation and clean driving record. Employment conditioned upon satisfactory results of a post-offer medical examination and motor vehicle report. EOE.
- Pay Range Special Inspectors: $23-$26 per hour DOE & Certifications. Prevailing Wage opportunities.
Internship for a Part-Time Draftsperson/Technician, San Luis Obispo – It is a Summer Internship with the potential to carry into 2019. Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- CAD drafting and design support for Project Engineer during the planning, and construction of typical civil engineering projects.
- Preparing computer-generated engineering drawings according to established standards and procedures and coordinates details and dimensions between drawing sheets.
- Revises or changes drawings, traces and/or copies existing drawings and completes basic calculations with specific instructions.
- Must be flexible and may work with numerous project teams. May assist with sample preparation and minor tasks in soil/materials laboratory, under the direction of Laboratory Manager
- Flexible work hours to accommodate school schedule will be considered for the successful candidate
Desired skills and qualifications include an attention to detail, thoroughness, organization, and analyzing information. Competent math and strong communication skills. Strong interest in engineering, construction technology or the natural sciences. Will train the right individual on various Technician-related tasks. Experience with AutoCAD a must. Employment conditioned upon satisfactory results of a post-offer medical examination and motor vehicle report. Send resumes to email@example.com.
Construction Inspectors – Earth Systems has immediate openings in our California service areas for experienced soil technicians and construction special inspectors. Responsibilities vary by position and generally include field work-related to soils engineering and construction, logging of test borings, observation of grading activities and foundation construction, identification and sampling of construction materials, and/or special inspection of concrete, masonry, and steel. For technicians and inspectors, qualifications should include some of the following: nuclear testing gauge, ACI, ICC, DSA, or AWS certifications. Hours may vary week to week.
Earth Systems offers competitive wages, an excellent benefits package, and 401K. EOE. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.