The Gregg Anderson Academy is an approximate 25-acre elementary school campus for Westside Union School District. The project entailed the construction of:
- classroom buildings
- an administration building
- a library building
- a food service/cafeteria building
- maintenance facilities
- a running track (for District-wide use)
- parking areas and access lanes
- hard court and grass athletic play areas, and
- covered lunch shelters and landscaping.
Due to existing site topography the use of an “Allen Block” retaining wall system was required in the construction of the running track. Utilizing conventional concrete foundations with concrete slabs-on-grade the structures are of wood-frame construction. Earth Systems provided numerous services for this project:
- Environmental Services Phase I Site Assessments (ESA)
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Geologic Hazard Evaluations, and
- Preliminary Site Assessment Reports for the project development.
During construction, Earth Systems provided grading and construction observation as well as materials testing for the development of the school site.